1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fake folder appears, no folder options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aklnbrg, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aklnbrg

aklnbrg Thread Starter

I have windows 2k, with pretty recent windows updates. (Service Pack 4 I think)
    The computer is not connected to the internet so it has no recent anti-virus updates.
    We do use flash memory that contains material dowloaded from other computers that are connected tot he internet.

When I go to tools on the folder's drop down menus, folder options does not appear.
    Map network... disconnect..., and syncronize.. do appear. Just not folder options.

Also, on the flash memory drive, fake folders appear. They display with icons that look like folders. But it file type in the details view it is a progam.
    When you click the program, you get to my documents in the local machine.
    If you delete or erase the quasi folders, they come back.

What do I have here.
    What can I do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/584413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice