Fake security center, redirected links, and can't boot in safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kessi

Hi guys...it's me again. >_<;
So I have this fake security center coming up, telling me to install an antivirus. It looks like windows security center, but it's not because the only option it has it 'enable protection.' I saw a similiar problem someone else had, and tried to follow their instructions, but unfortunately, it involved downloading smitfraud and rebooting in safe mode, but my computer wont do any form of the three safe modes it offers. Furthermore, when I click on a link from google (such as trying to find this forum) it sends me to some off search website (like offprowl). It's never done that before. The only way to get to the actually site is to press cache. ): Also,anytime I try to run SAS the fake security center pops up and exits out of it. I tried the runSAS thing, and that does the same thing after it scans.
and it does it with my HJT log.
D:
Thank you so much in advance. I'm sorry. ):

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online