1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fake Window project

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by jordanbrown0101, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jordanbrown0101

jordanbrown0101 Thread Starter

Hey everyone! Thanks for visiting this thread to help me figure this out!

I am currently creating an innovative home design system that will significantly upgrade any home and increase its value.

This may seem a little far-fetched but I am still figuring out the details:
    Imagine 9 LED SMART TVS in a grid (3x3) placed onto a wall that this structure fills and fits perfectly. The TVs are directly next to one another with - perhaps a 2cm gap between each. A hardwall is then installed on top of the mounted TVs to give the wall a smooth and level finish and panels are fitted between gaps concealing the edges of the televisions. Between these steps, cladding to organise wires and fans to extract heat are also installed. Now imagine all of these TVs are connected to an Xbox Kinect system and the Kinect movement sensor is placed discreetly in the drywall where it is programmed to pick up on human movement (the closest viewer is favored) and a 3D faux window is created - with controllable aspects such as time of the day, level of light and image shown; but most importantly the image will move with the viewer synchronizing their view out of their new "window". In summary, each TV needs to show a different section of the image and needs to move with the user to create a realistic and beautifully concise view, e.g. of a London City skyline. HOW ON EARTH do I go about this?!

So I came up with the idea as a home improvement enthusiast and unfortunately have no tech background whatsoever (unless watching Silicon Valley counts?) - rendering me pretty useless for the necessary programming that goes into this product. I feel that this could be a game-changing product and I even have aspirations to create a fully controllable system for future customers whereby they can create a perfectly versatile and changeable view from their smartphone and are even able to select colour themes, views, fantasies and more!

Can you help with this? Do you believe in this product? If so - please email me at < email address removed> - thanks!

Also - I will attach photographic examples of what I am trying to achieve! VIEW.jpg VIEW2.jpg VIEW3.jpg VIEW4.jpg VIEW5.jpg VIEW6.jpg VIEW7.jpg VIEW.jpg VIEW2.jpg VIEW3.jpg VIEW4.jpg VIEW5.jpg VIEW6.jpg VIEW7.jpg VIEW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2018
  2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. jordanbrown0101

jordanbrown0101 Thread Starter

Thanks!! Do you know of any similar companies to this? Maybe who are closer to the UK? And who are more consumer facing than business facing? And is there anywhere I can find people to team up with on my project who have more tech strength than myself? thanks!

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Here are some Google search results for you for video wall companies in the UK

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=video+wall+company+UK&oq=video+wall+company+UK

The only difference between a commercial and a residential installation might be the number of screens used and what is shown on the screens. The underlying technology would be very much the same in both applications.

Unless you are trying to form a business to compete with these companies for residential installations, I would think at least some of them would assist you in providing the needed expertise to do a digital window project for your clients.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice