1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fake youtube link gave me a virus, disabled spyware/malware/anti-virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by aixa, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aixa

aixa Thread Starter

Hi there.

Two days ago I was sent a fake youtube link through YIM. I clicked on the link not knowing it was a fake. It started with a letter G before the words youtube on the URL. Once I clicked on it, it took me to a page that appeared to be a youtube page. Once there, it said that I had to update my Adobe in order to see the video. Well, like an idiot I clicked on it and all he-- broke loose. I now don't have access to use any of the following on my computer: Safe Mode, System Restore, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG, Super Antispyware, or Ccleaner. If I hit F8 after rebooting the computer, it takes me to the black screen where I can choose Safe Mode. Once there, I pick safe mode and it brings me back to the same black screen over and over again. When I try to do system restore, it says it's disabled by group policy. I've searched high and low to try to fix the System Restore problem and it just won't let me. Can someone please help me? I'm going crazy over here. Thanks so much.

2. aixa

aixa Thread Starter

Hello again.

I have realized that I have this lingering around somewhere in my computer. $McRebootA5E6DEAA56$

Would anyone be able to tell me how I go about trying to find out in which folder this is at? I found this running when I entered msconfig on the Run field.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/826325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice