1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

False error - "not enough disk space" durring transfer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lightnb, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

I am attempting to transfer all of the files form an NTSF 250 GB external drive to an empty FAT32 250 GB internal drive via USB.

I keep getting an error message that says "Cannot copy (filename): There is not enough free disk space. Delete one or more files to free disk space, and then try again. To free space on the drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click Disk Cleanup".

This is not true though, as the destination drive has more than enough space for the transfer.

2. Jbirk

Jbirk

You cannot transfer all the files because many will be in use...

You will ned to make a drive image with a program like Ghost, or you can even use its drive copy feature.

It will be cake to copy an entire drive.

3. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

I don't see how they could be in use... no programs are running that may be accessing them...

neither of the two drives is my windows drive.

the small ones transfer fine, but the bigger ones cause problems... these are video files that are larger than 2 GB.

4. lightnb

lightnb Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/396184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice