1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Family Issues: Gamers insight needed!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ecto, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ecto

Ecto Thread Starter

I'm not allowed to play M rated games. It's the worst thing in the world. I'm 16, my brothers 18, but my mom says no M games in our house. She's fine with me playing Gears of war, oblivion (a game I want SO MUCH for my new computer....its so fun....) at friends houses. Any tips? We watch R rated movies all the time...and its 10 times worse than M games (not gears of war...but still) where 'real people' get slaughtered. How can I convince her!? Any tips?

And I don't see any resolution to this, besides me going to college. =(. Its agony to only play oblivion once every 2 weeks at my friends house.
    Are there any Teen games that are just as good as oblivion? Neverwinter nights 2? Or is that not active (turn based), because I like being able to attack and block ect in oblivion, unlike dungeon seige where you just click and your guy does the work.

I've played guildwars, but go bored after I found myself just farming for no reason.

2. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Morrowind.

3. Ecto

Ecto Thread Starter

After playing oblivion, will it seem lame? It has all the same system, with classes ect, and guilds? Never played it, sorry for the newbie questions.

Thanks

4. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Oblivion looks better and has a better combat system than Morrowind. But Morrowind has better RPG elements ... a more imersive storyline and a much more diverse and interesting landscape to play in. They both have their pluses and minuses and I don't think for one second that after playing Oblivion Morrowind will seem lame. Oblivion is starting to catch up to Morrowind with MODs from the playing community and I'm sure will eventually surpass it but Morrowind for the time being has the better MODs available.

NWN 2 is still full of pretty nasty bugs so I'd stay away from that until it gets properly patched. Another game that has great potential IF it gets patched properly (I gave up on it because of the bugs) is Gothic 3.

5. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

But G3 is rated M, isn't it?

6. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

I'm not sure, I'll have to look. Shouldn't be any worse than Oblivion. No nudity, no more gore ... blah blah blah

7. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

and the answer is NO ... the ESRB rating is Teen

8. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Never played any of the Gothic games - contemplated it. But never actually got around to it.

9. Ecto

Ecto Thread Starter

So I'll go for morrowind. Does it have the same basic play? Like sneak attack, and guilds ect?

Any other games?

10. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

uhhh. Sneaking was still there, though I'm sure not as important as in Oblivion.
    Guilds? They were there. Again, didn't have a major role, IMO.

11. Ecto

Ecto Thread Starter

If I play morrowind on my new rig I should be able to have max graphics (I should actually be able to with oblivion too). Will morrowind on max be better than oblivion on lowest? Thats what my friend runs it on.

12. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

It's a little blockier than Oblivion, not as lush an environment either

Morrowind Screenshots these look as good as you'll see in the game

13. Ecto

Ecto Thread Starter

Heh....At my friends house, he has an old computer, so he had to set all his graphics on lowest for oblivion. The characters on it look more blocky than that. I noticed in the morrowind photos the scenery looked a little bland though. Oh well, as long as the game play is just as good, I'll go buy it.

14. NaMDaR

NaMDaR

She lets you saw down roaches in gears of war , but wont let you plam M rated games ?
    What the heck ?

15. Ecto

Ecto Thread Starter

yes...I can watch R rated movies, I can go to friends houses and play M games...but I "can't have M games in our house". My brother is 18...lol, going to college next year (actually turns 18 in 2 months, is a senior right now). I would love tips...but I think its hopeless. I just don't get it.

My morrowind question still stands.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice