1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Famous For 15 Seconds

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Timichio, Apr 8, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Timichio

Timichio Thread Starter

How many points could you guys make, and who here has managed to get the top 50 pointer or some of the other top ones?

Hope this makes sense!

------------------

Famous For 15 Seconds!!

Please note that Illegal activities resulting on you appearing on the media will not get you any points!

Here is the official score sheet, which might need some changes: -

Publications

Name mentioned in magazine = 2 Points
    Name mentioned in a local newspaper = 2 Points
    Name mentioned in a national newspaper = 5 Points
    Picture in magazine = 3 Points
    Picture in local newspaper = 3 Points
    Picture in national newspaper = 10 Points

Radio

Name mentioned on local radio station = 2 Points
    Name mentioned on national radio station = 4 Points
    Speaking on local radio station = 5 Points
    Speaking on national radio station = 10 Points

TV
    Note that Digital channels from Sky or Cable are counted as “Local” stations and local news is counted as a local TV show

Name mentioned on local TV show = 5 Points
    Name mentioned on national TV show/channel = 10 Points
    Name mentioned on the national news = 20 Points
    Appearance on local TV show/channel as part of a group, or for a very short time (eg. Walking past a news camera) = 5 Points
    Appearance on local TV show/channel as an individual (eg. An interview), you must actually be speaking or referred to by a person on the show, and be seen as well! = 10 Points
    Appearance on national TV show/channel as part of a group, and must be able to be clearly seen when paused or running through recording = 10 Points
    Appearance on national TV show/channel as an individual (Same applies as local individual) = 20 Points
    Appearance on national news as part of a group = 20 Points
    Appearance on national news as an individual = 50 Points
    Voice on TV (i.e. Through a telephone) on local TV channel/show = 8 Points
    Voice on national TV channel/show = 16 Points
    Voice on the news = 32 Points

Internet

Name mentioned on a web site* = 1 Point
    Picture on a web site* = 3 Points

Other Rules

Please note that for TV, if your picture is shown, you will not receive the points for an appearance because you have to actually be there. You will receive points for being mentioned on TV.

You cannot receive two sets of points for one thing including you, for example, you could say it was you appearing on TV but it was also your voice on there too. This is not accepted and you will receive the single highest figure you can, from the mention/appearance etc.

*The web site cannot have anything to do with you. To have your name mentioned it must go through a process that does not accept everyone. So you could enter a competition and be a winner and have your name mentioned, that is OK. To post a review on amazon.com for a product is not OK because you are guaranteed to be mentioned on the site, there is no “vetting/moderating” of any kind, where there is no moderation, points cannot be given.

If you are referred to, speak or appear for longer than 5 minutes on the Radio or TV your score may be doubled!

2. valley

valley

Birth of my daughter = 2
    Birth of my son = 2
    website mention (had to sign papers to allow my comments to be used) = 1
    a letter I wrote was included in a Ministries national newsletter = 2

guess my score is 7 then. LOL...i'll never be famous, thats for sure :D

3. Timichio

Timichio Thread Starter

Congrats valley. Nothing wrong with a score of 7!

I think I've got less than that :D. I'll have to get on the news or something. But for what...hmm!

4. valley

valley

lol, want me to mention you on my website, Tim? :D

5. valley

valley

Tim! Just noticed you are from Wales. Another member here lives there too "Moby" is his name. You should send him a pm and see if you might know him!

6. Gibble

Gibble

Name in local Paper 4 times for Bowling = 4x2 = 8
    Picture in local Paper 5 times for Soccer = 5x3 = 15

Walked past a camera on the news last week = 5
    Locally Televised Kindergarden Christmas Thing = 10x2 (Well over 5 mins) = 20
    Bowled in a Televised tournament a few years ago = 10x2 (Well over 5 mins) = 20

Name mentioned on a web site = Umm...well, for bowling...lots, but I'll just take a 2 (Once for each time at nationals :))
    Picture on a web site = Umm...well, for bowling...lots, but I'll just take a 6(Once for each time at nationals :))

So 8+15+5+20+20+2+6=76

I hope I did that right. When I was unsure of the number of mentions (ie, newspapers, I rounded down...way way down)

7. valley

valley

wow, gibble....that makes you the most famous here so far. (y) Lets see someone top that! ;) and if they do....better go back and do some better tallying, gibs!

8. moonmist

moonmist

After competing for 7 years....... im not even gonna try and add it up.......geesh..... can I just say alot....it would take me to long to do it!! :(

9. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Uhmmmmm.....yeah, 15 seconds of fame?

Not going to do an accurate count, but I think I went well over the 100 point mark and just one issue :D

An adjoining county had a hankering to sieze my property(land) thru 'emminent domain'. The situation was complicated by that county having temporarily sub-leased a portion of my property from an existing business there, that closed but did not vacate. ( I should mention the Judge in that county did sell realestate from his bench and later was indited for fraud on a 'grand' scale and his wife, a state Representative, and their son involved)

Uhmmm........:D... I made mention on three TV stations (repetedly) during about a 5 day period, 3 times in the Dayton paper, once in the Centerville paper and twice in the Xenia paper.
    I was summoned to appear before a Township meeting in the adjoinong county, I refused :D.
    I was visited by Trusties of that township. 4 or 5 times.
    A member of that township's services was fired over comments he made in connection to siezing my property and my name came up again in the official council meeting of that township.
    It did look kinda bad throwing their @ss off my property during an ice storm :D

The property in question also had a historical significance by its name and a contraversy came up in regards to a Revolutionary era cemetary that was positioned on the other side of the intersection from our property. The cemetary was illegaly paved over by the owner......now get this... one of the trusties I was having the confrontation with in the above. :D :D That has made the papers, 4 or 5 times over the last 40 years. :eek:

Yes.....a 'good' 15 seconds :D

I couldn't drive a car or m/cycle for 2 years in that county without being stopped for a safety check :D Famous ? yuppers :D

10. Mulderator

Mulderator

Put it this way. Mulder is famous--no test needed to confirm that! :confused:

11. izme

izme

well , let me see

the Movie Big Fish and Finding nemo gives me enough stardom

LOL

><">

12. gws226

gws226

name mentioned in Magazine= 2 points
    -1996 Grady White Owners magazine +2
    Name mentioned in a local newspaper = 2 Points
    -DWUI 2000 :( +2 (at least Im getting something out of it)
    Picture in local newspaper = 3 Points
    1990- 'The Reporter' posts photo of me at their annual Newspaper delivery boy celebration +3
    1985 ish- Posts picture of me towing my brother in a sled at local annual ice fishing competition :) +3

Speaking on local radio station = 5 Points
    1997- Won Dave Matthews Tix on Z100 (NY) 'Who plays todays best music?..... Z100!' :p +5

Appearance on national TV show/channel as part of a group, and must be able to be clearly seen when paused or running through recording = 10 Points
    2001 Countless times: I used to work across the street from the Stock exchange. CNN used to hold early morning interviews right in front of my building (facing the exchange) I was often a member of the interview group

1999- Conan Obrien- The Kids in the hall (i think :confused:) Did a skit in the crowd during the show. I was sitting next to one of them for it. +5

MTV 2001- My friend is the casting director for many shows (including the MTV beach house) I can be seen in 'the group' at many interviews in Time Square... most notable was Limpbizkit interview. Was never asked questions.

I'll just give myself 30 points for this! :)

Picture on a web site* = 3 Points
    Joonbug.com's review of the Annual 'Get Noticed' party. A party for new up and comming Actors and Actresses who get to meet Broadway Theatre directors.... I didn't see anyone too famous.

http://www.joonbug.com/shopPreviewImg.asp?PhotoID=166769&Page=2

OK, I give myself 48 points -30 for a total of 18 because I live in NYC and television interviews are held everywhere here! :)

13. Timichio

Timichio Thread Starter

We've got some very famous people here! I need to do some catching up. Valley, yeah I could do with a mention :D! Thanks for letting me know about 'Moby' I'll PM him in a minute.

Moonmist, I'll have to create a test for people as famous as you then! :D

I'm sure you could give us non-famous people an idea of your fame Mulder, I'm sure we'd be VERY interested! :D

14. i hate ram

i hate ram

my english teacher is in the movie JAWS.... thats a bajillion points for him :D

15. Timichio

Timichio Thread Starter

Woah! Where in the movie is he? Who does he play? Congrats btw!! :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice