Fan Controller Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mamong

I recently used an old P4 Prescott system as a HTPC. It does what I need it to do, however the fan is a little too noisy as it hums over movies unless the TV volume is up.

I purchased one of these coolers:

http://www.deepcool-us.com/Product/WARRIOR_CAESAR/

It was cheap and is definitely quieter then the stock cooler, however, my motherboard (Jetway PM9MS) has no methods of regulating fan control. Speedfan doesn't work, there are no bios options, the fan is always spinning at 100%, and it is still a little noisy. The P4 is cool (30 odd degrees celsius), so I want to buy a fan controller to manually dial back the fan to quieten the system down.

Will something cheap like this work:

http://www.aywun.com/ProductDetails.asp?ID=95

I don't want to order one if it won't work with my cooler, or if I won't be able to adjust the fan speed.

Have you gone to Jetway support site to see if ther are any Update drivers for the motherboard and or Bios.....

Mamong

Yep I have, I had an older BIOS so I flashed the latest version for my board. No dice, still no options at all for adjusting fan speed.

Mamong

Yep it is, no matter what the temperature of the CPU is, the speed is always the same, and it never fluctuates.

Understood......

Not sure myself if the speed controller would work....however my concern is why the fan is on Full all the time.....it maybe a Motherboard problem

Like I said not sure if the speed controller will work........You can try setting the Bios to default or try taking the Cmos battery out to clear the Bios.

Mamong

I've reset the BIOS to factory default with both the old and the new version, neither time did it change anything with the fan.

Try this

Download and install hwmonitor
and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.17 setup, english on the righthand side.
....take a reading CPU(core) and GPU Video card and post them. (Just a screenshot of results is fine)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online