1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fan for Sony Vaio FG801 laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yorkylancs, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Yorkylancs

Yorkylancs Thread Starter

I have a noisy fan on my Sony Vaio. Sometimes it stops altogether. I am experienced at hardware, the gauarrantee has expired and Sony want an arm and a leg just to look at it. I have had the fan out and the bearing seems loose.

Does anyone know where I can obtain a replacement fan?

The fan has part numbers " Sunon GC054006 v h-8C and also has the following numbers CB.M DC 5V - 0.5W Y2K44 ZP CLE

Thanks

2. bencpht

bencpht

Take it to a local pc shop. The local guys usually know what they're doing, and will tell you up front if they don't. They may even recommend another shop that may have more experience with laptops.

3. Yorkylancs

Thanks for the reply - I found a local UK supplier for the Sunon fan at kirklees-trader.co.uk and have ordered one at £30 inc postage.

Incidentally as a last resort I sprayed the fan with "plus Gas" and it has hadf a dramatic quieting effect (it is still running :) )

Thanks

Doug

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Can you post a link to their site? I had a client about a year ago needing one for a Gateway laptop and I was told they were back ordered for a year in the US.......

5. Yorkylancs

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice