Solved Fan heatsink, need to buy the same item

ShiVER

Hello, happy Saturday!

Well, I need to buy the same fan heatsink from the SkyTech Blaze. It's a Cooler Master but exact model name is unknown to me.

My comp:
SkyTech Blaze - Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz
A320M Motherboard

It's from here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...in_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#productDetails

Metal clips on top and bottom hold it in place and a swivel lock on the bottom twists and locks it into place. Many thanks for any assistance!

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do not know if anyone else will have more advice to offer - but without knowing the model of Coolermaster red led heatsink and fan
I think it is impossible to help
All I can suggest is that you exmaine the part that needs replacing - as somewhere on it there must be a model ID of some sort and then find that or a suitable replacement
Hyper 212 LED | Cooler Master

It does not of course have to be the exact same model
Well, I need to buy the same fan heatsink from the SkyTech Blaze.
replacing the whole fan heatsink

It is unclear to me from your post what actual part you are attemtping to replace - the whole cooler, the fan, the heatsink part of it etc.

Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz
so that CPU being an AM4 socket
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - YD1600BBM6IAE / YD1600BBAEBOX (cpu-world.com)

will of course require a cooler that is suitbale for such socket

Perhaps SkyTech Gaming can assist?
Skytech Gaming - The Ultimate Gaming PC & Desktop Computer Builder

ShiVER

I do not know if anyone else will have more advice to offer - but without knowing the model of Coolermaster red led heatsink and fan
I think it is impossible to help
All I can suggest is that you exmaine the part that needs replacing - as somewhere on it there must be a model ID of some sort and then find that or a suitable replacement
Hyper 212 LED | Cooler Master

It does not of course have to be the exact same model

replacing the whole fan heatsink

It is unclear to me from your post what actual part you are attemtping to replace - the whole cooler, the fan, the heatsink part of it etc.

so that CPU being an AM4 socket
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - YD1600BBM6IAE / YD1600BBAEBOX (cpu-world.com)

will of course require a cooler that is suitbale for such socket

Perhaps SkyTech Gaming can assist?
Skytech Gaming - The Ultimate Gaming PC & Desktop Computer Builder
TY for the advice, MacBoatmaster! I can take it out by removing from the 4-pin power ( plug itself has 3 pinholes ) and then unclamping the whole thing off of the processor. I tried to email SkyTech and, believe it or not, their tech support is closed the entire weekend. I will have more options to fix my problem on Monday.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers - Good luck with it.
Why is it necessary to replace it - what is the apparent problem

ShiVER

Cheers - Good luck with it.
Why is it necessary to replace it - what is the apparent problem
I'll tell you, it's so ridiculous. The fan was dying. I don't trust myself to mount a new cooler, I unclipped it and squirted a little silicon lubricant. It only helped just enough but the room it was in was toxic the whole day.

I knew it was stupid and I did it anyway. The fan has problems starting up and it's not as fast now.

So the new one arrives tomorrow and I will take it to a high Google score computer repair shop.

Last edited:

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
It is not difficult to install the new cooler, but if you have never done such, your idea on an expensive rig, is probably best.
Not a bad system, should perform well

I do not know which A320M - motherboard , but if you replace that spinning hard drive

• Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

with a M2 PCIe Solid State Drive for the OS, you should have a distinct improvment in speed. I think the A320 has a M2 slot and I think it PCIe interface, but you would have to check OR post the make of the A320M -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online