1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fan never takes a break

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knigh79, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knigh79

knigh79 Thread Starter

Hey,

Was wondering if someone could help me with something. I have a self built computer thats around 2 years old. Its still a great computer except for one problem that has developed gradually over the past month. out of the 5 fans that are in my computer, there is a 1 inch fan next to the CMOS battery that just doesn't want to go off... I have taken apart and cleaned all but that fan (because its white pegged to the motherboard). So I know it could be due to dust insulating the heat, thus making it over heat... However, I did blow it out and it appears to be clean... Do I need to try to find a new fan for the board or do I need to just buy a new board... it getting to be REAL annoying... sounds like a small car trying to make it up a hill... (surges, I mean)

Thanks for your help,
    Robert

2. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

Mobo model? make? etc..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!