Fan never takes a break

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

knigh79

Hey,

Was wondering if someone could help me with something. I have a self built computer thats around 2 years old. Its still a great computer except for one problem that has developed gradually over the past month. out of the 5 fans that are in my computer, there is a 1 inch fan next to the CMOS battery that just doesn't want to go off... I have taken apart and cleaned all but that fan (because its white pegged to the motherboard). So I know it could be due to dust insulating the heat, thus making it over heat... However, I did blow it out and it appears to be clean... Do I need to try to find a new fan for the board or do I need to just buy a new board... it getting to be REAL annoying... sounds like a small car trying to make it up a hill... (surges, I mean)

Thanks for your help,
Robert

knigh79 said:
Hey,

Was wondering if someone could help me with something. I have a self built computer thats around 2 years old. Its still a great computer except for one problem that has developed gradually over the past month. out of the 5 fans that are in my computer, there is a 1 inch fan next to the CMOS battery that just doesn't want to go off... I have taken apart and cleaned all but that fan (because its white pegged to the motherboard). So I know it could be due to dust insulating the heat, thus making it over heat... However, I did blow it out and it appears to be clean... Do I need to try to find a new fan for the board or do I need to just buy a new board... it getting to be REAL annoying... sounds like a small car trying to make it up a hill... (surges, I mean)

Thanks for your help,
Robert
Mobo model? make? etc..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online