Intel Core i7-10700KF
GeForce RTX 2060 Super
16GB DDR4 RAM
512GB SSD
Wi-Fi 6
ROG Strix Flare Keyboard & Gladius II Mouse
Windows 10 Home
G15CK-BS764

I bought this new gaming computer for my son and it just arrived today.
I know nothing about these computers.
He noticed the fan in the back is not running.
My question is,is the fan in the back suppose to run all the time or
just when the computer reaches a certain temp to make it come on?

below is the url to the computer and it's where i obtained it.
https://www.amazon.com/Desktop-i7-10700KF-GeForce-Keyboard-G15CK-BS772/dp/B08D94SWSP?th=1

#2 ·
Typically when I have a desktop the fans would be on all the time. Depending on the board they may go faster if the temperature goes higher.

I would say trace the cords from the fans to the board and see if they are disconnected.

I assume this is sold by ASUS so the warranty/support should be able to assist in tracking it. I would hope that there are diagnostics on the board to test the fans too.

#3 ·
Typically when I have a desktop the fans would be on all the time. Depending on the board they may go faster if the temperature goes higher.

I would say trace the cords from the fans to the board and see if they are disconnected.

I assume this is sold by ASUS so the warranty/support should be able to assist in tracking it. I would hope that there are diagnostics on the board to test the fans too.
ty i will do that and get back to you.

#5 ·
Ty..i just checked the fan to make sure it was secure.I unplugged it then replugged it back in.
The fan does come on when you first boot up the computer then shuts off.
I asked him to get into a game and see if it comes on and it did for about 30 sec then it
shut back off.
So it does seem to be working.Maybe when temp is reached as @managed had mentioned.
we did run an asus diagnostic twice and both times it came back without issues.
I told him to just keep an eye on the fan to make sure it runs once in a while.
Ty both for your prompt feedback. I will let you know if there are anymore issues.

#7 · (Edited)
To test the OPs rear fan just run a demanding game. There is a good chance the CPU will get hot enough to make the rear fan start running.

On my computer the fans only come on when a certain temperature is exceeded. My ASUS motherboard comes with software to configure this. It is a balance between noise and keeping the CPU cool. It is my choice. In other word if I want my CPU to keep cooler I configure my fans to run at a lower temperature.

Below is a screenshot showing one of my fans is not running because the CPU temperature is not high enough to make it start. The current temperature is 45C. When the CPU temp exceeds 50C the fan will start.

1620772920469.jpeg

#9 ·
He seems to have something called "Armory Crate" that controls the fan.Some kind of app.It tells you your cpu usage,fan speed,temp..etc..He is still trying to figure out how to use it..lol
It came preinstalled when he got the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.