1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fan on power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by big buda, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. big buda

big buda Thread Starter

i just installed this game on my computer and it asked me to restart and i did and im not sure how or why but the fan on the power supply just turned way up and its really loud. i was wondering if there is any way to adjust the fan speed to make it quieter or if i hav to uninstall the game to see if that works.

2. lilLB

lilLB

are you sure its the power supply's fan and not the cpu fan?
    also does it only happen when playing the game or is it just louder now at all times since the restart?

3. frankjohn

frankjohn

Doubt its the power supply fan

4. big buda

big buda Thread Starter

its loud all the time since the restart and its not likely the cpu fan cause i hav liquid cooling. when i put my hand in front of the power supply fan its blowing like crazy and the sound goes quieter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice