Fans on all the time, no boot, no bios

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LynnKJ

I have a desktop that I built four years ago. I used it on a monday afternoon, on tuesday noon the fans came on by themself. Now everytime I plug in the power cord all the fans come on. No boot, no bios access. I tried another motherboard, no help. I tried another power supply, no help. I tried another proessor, no help. It has a Intel D865GLC board, a Intel P4 2.6 GHZ S478, 512KB,800FSB proessor, an ATX 480W power supply, 184-pin SDRAM DDR400 RAM, Intel AMI BIOS, Intel 865 chipset, An Radeon 8500 Video Card, Sound Blaster Audio Card. I removed the video card, no help, I have ordered new ram. Hope someone can help.

managed

Allan
If there is a speaker/buzzer connected to the motherboard try removing the ram, you should hear some beeps if everything else is working.

An 865 series board is an old, old board. It's very likely that it has failed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online