1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fans run continuously, High speed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dmahon, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmahon

dmahon Thread Starter

For a week now, my laptop's fans have been running full speed as if a process is running in the background. I've tried everything I know of to resolve it. Rebooted numerous times, cleaned registry, virus scan, full system scan, terminated processes using too much CPU memory, yet the problem persists. Its affecting page loading and searches when I'm on the internet, file retrievel, and gaming is jumpy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

2. Dan O

Dan O

The PC's fan speed should not affect the PC's performance. I suspect you have something keep the PC very busy causing the problem. The first thing to try is a System Restore and select a date before the problem started. Windows Help has more details on System Restore if you need it.

3. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

It may be simple dust buildup, get a can of compressed air and blow it out. If confident, you may disassemble the laptop and simply blow the dust out with your mouth or use an anti-static brush. The fans are going on because of heat buildup, either cause of blockage or high CPU consumption. Some viruses may cause your symptoms as well.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

As long as you don't go inside it is just as easy to vacuum the vents from the outside with one that has good suction.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice