1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fans spin, but no beeps

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Maho, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maho

Maho Thread Starter

Okay so I have a Gigabyte S-series mobo w/ a dual core intel processor, BFG 650 watt power supply, Nvida 256 mb Gforce fx 5500 graphics card.

(This may go in hardware forum actually, but it confused me. Mods are free to move it there if they wish..)

At first, nothing would spin, but I'm genuis like that. A flip of the switch on the back to set it at 115 fixed that and I thought I was good to go again. But now, I get no beeps only fans. It is supposed to beep right? I've made sure the power is mounted to the board.

2. mongo_nc

mongo_nc

Your power supply is probably bad. There's just enough juice to power the fans, but nothing else. Try testing with a known good power supply.

3. Maho

Maho Thread Starter

Sorry, forgot to mention that. It is NOT the power supply. I have had it tested already, and confirmed what I was told (that it is fine) on a tester that I own as well. So I know it's not that. I do get display and can go into bios, but not load safe mode or normally. It just restarts every time I try.

4. The Hound

The Hound

One beep, or a series of beeps?

Do you see any messages after post beeps?

EDIT>>>Whoops--no beeps. Still-do you see anything on the display? Just BIOS messages?

5. mongo_nc

mongo_nc

Might be a processor problem; either physically or a CPU driver. We had one in here that we did a core change on that was doing the same thing and it turned out to be the CPU driver (AMD Athlon 64 X2) and since Windows wasn't seeing the correct one, it was stuck in a reboot loop after the POST and system screens.

6. Maho

Maho Thread Starter

Besides the lack of beeps, it boots like it should till it gets past the bios screen that you can see in any comp. I can get in bios itself no problem, but if I try to countine with the boot instead it says the usual genetic message:

"we apologize for the inconvince, but windows did not start sucessfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused this. etc etc."

And when I try to start windows normally, I get a split second of the windows load screen, but it's barely noticeable due to not even having time to get brighter before a blue screen with some sort of message comes up and the system restarts. I wish I could read the blue screen, but it happens to fast.

If I try to load safe mode, it starts loading the long list of files you normally see before entering safe mode, but it restarts. No blue screen or anything, just a restart.

This can happen all day if I let it.

7. Maho

Maho Thread Starter

How do I fix it if that's the problem Mongo?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/616330

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice