1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fantasy Grounds Port Forward Issue

Discussion in 'Games' started by RaNyak, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RaNyak

RaNyak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ray
    Hey, sorry if this should have been in another thread or if it's already a thread, I couldn't find anything that helped.

I am trying to set up port forwarding so that I can host a game on Fantasy Grounds for my friends, I followed the instructions here "https://portforward.com/sagemcom/fast-5355/" I had it working for about an hour and then it stopped working.
    I set up a static IP (using the guide on portforward.com) but I keep getting warning messages when I close the IPv4 properties, and when I use port checking websites they say the necessary port (1802) is closed.

My friend has run multiple games and all I had to do to join was enter the IP he gave me, he did not have to do any port forwarding at all.
    Sorry this isn't super detailed let me know what information you need.

tl;dr
    1. I tried setting up a static IP as per the portforward.com guide.
    2. I set up a rule to allow the program to use the port in the firewall.
    3. I set up a port forward rule on the modem and modem firewall.
    4. Friends still cannot connect to my game, but I can to theirs.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Which OS are you using or is this on a game console?
    What were the IP setting you set? All of them. IP, Subnet, Gateway, DNS.
    Which router make and model? Can you access the Router's Web interface? If so, what's the address you use when accessing?

3. RaNyak

RaNyak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ray
    Windows 10 on a Asus G-series.
    IPv4 - 10.0.0.42 (I also tried with 110.140.100.149), Subnet - 255.255.255.0, Gateway - 10.0.0.138, DNS I tried 10.0.0138, 61.9.133.193 and 61.9.134.49.
    Sagemcom [email protected] and Yes I set up a port forward rule on the modem using 10.0.0.138, this is in the link I posted originally.

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I think your subnet could be wrong for the 10.0.0.42 IP. Look at the LAN ip address of your router or the DHCP settings to see what's set there for Subnet Mask. It may be 255.0.0.0
    If you set the machine to obtain an IP automatically which IP's do you get? Open a command prompt and type "Ipconfig /all" sans the quotation marks of course.
    Also, make sure you have the right external ip when trying to connect from outside. To find that you can go to www.whatismyip.com

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  5. RaNyak

RaNyak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ray
    i should probably mention that I have the computer on ethernet rather than wifi.
    IPv4: 10.0.0.55 preferred
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 10.0.0.138
    DNS: 10.0.0.138

and my public ip is 110.140.100.149 which I have also been using.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!