1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Far cry 2 and windows 7 lag issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by pelius40, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pelius40

pelius40 Thread Starter

Hello,

Recently i went to the local shop and bought a retail Far Cry 2 version. I was eager to try it out, so i installed it with no issues, including that i did not install punkbuster, wich i know has problems with windows 7. Launched the game, all was fine, i picked my character and it went to the loading screen. Then the party started. The drums were sneezing and hissing and lagging, it took 5 minutes for the game to load. When it started the sceene where the black taxi driver drives you to the city, i say, it was hell 1-2 fps maximum 3. The only moments when it would stop lagging is when the car stopped, so i tought, that my computer cannot load High quality environment, and i set everything to lowest, and changed direct x10 to 9. Still the very same. I have to say, before i bought windows 7, the game ran fine on win xp with very high quality and directx 10 with no lag. The game now looks very lame, i walk 10 meters and stand in one place for 6 seconds, so the fps go back from 1-3 to 30-40, and it is unplayable. I would appreciate any help or guide to fix this problem :).

2. Masta Squidge

Masta Squidge

Check drivers maybe?

I run FC2 on windows 7 just fine.

3. pelius40

pelius40 Thread Starter

I checked the drivers, all with no yellow ! and re-installed all of them. it is a bit crazy that it lags on triple core and 8800video card with directx 10 on low settings

4. angelll

angelll

Nice sharing..............

5. bigk

bigk

What are your specs for your computer?

Also update your graphic card drivers, and then download ALL the Far Cry 2 patches.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=2582

Download and install v1.01 then Download and install v1.02 and so on. Some times patches need to see the previous version to install property.

You won't need the server patch, unless your running a server of course.

If you have the game tied to your steam account, Steam should automatically install the patches on your behalf and if that's the case you don't have to do any thing.

6. pelius40

pelius40 Thread Starter

Stupid me. One day i was doing my work report, when i got an error of storage drives being corrupt. I checked them all, and on one i found, that DMA was not enabled! i tought: Mabye it will work? O enabled it. Bang, my winrar started extracting a file very fast, and before that all my programs would work crazily slow. I launched the game and it was not less than 40fps on very high directx 10! I very hope this is going to help people. My pc is running faster than it was running when i bought it! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice