1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Farming Simulator 2017 takes forever to load on one user

Discussion in 'Games' started by Farmgirl22, Nov 7, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22 Thread Starter

My son is addicted to Farming Simulator 2017, and on his user account it is really slow to load, save, and shut down. On my user it runs fine (I'm an administrator, he is a normal account), but I don't have all the mods that he has on my user. Is there a way (without deleting all his mods) to speed it up on his user? It's not only annoying for him, but it's annoying for me when I try to save and close his games and it takes 20 minutes to save, and another 5 or so to finally close it when choosing quit.

Note: I'm posting this from my laptop, so if you need the info from the SysUtility, I'll have to log in on that one to get it. I do know that it's running W10, has either 4 or 8G RAM, and that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

2. Sponsor

3. Farmgirl22

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

My first thought is
    disable them one by one and find which is causing the problem
    Are the Mods for the Farming Simulator or more general
    My second thought is establish for him another user account, if the Mods are not required for Farming Simulator and have him run that from the vanilla account

5. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Have you configured your son's account to use admin privileges when running the game? That's worth a look, so check out this page; specifically, the sub-heading entitled C. Please configure Farming Simulator 17 in administrator mode at startup:

It would also be useful if you run the System Information Utility app on his machine, and then post the results back here.

6. Macboatmaster

So what do you think then please - of our suggestions
    I think you have seen the replies

7. Farmgirl22

The mods are for Farming Simulator (they are created by other fans/users of the game, and you can download them from the FS site). I will try creating another account for him, but I know that on my account (without all the mods) it works fine. It's only a problem on his user, which is a child account that never got verified through Microsoft. (He used to have a "local" account when it was Windows 8.1, but when it got upgraded they took that feature away. :mad: )

No, I haven't given his account any administrator privileges, I honestly wish it had less privileges than it does currently, because in the past he's downloaded malware thinking it was a mod and we had to wipe the computer and start over. I will check out the page though and see what happens.

Thanks guys!

8. Macboatmaster

This is not the computer on which you have a topic in Virus and Malware forum is it?

9. Farmgirl22

No. That's my laptop, this one is a desktop. Speaking of which, here is the SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3271 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7540D, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 475737 MB, Free - 254976 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., F2A55M-HD2
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

10. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

No, this isn't about giving his account administrator privileges. Instead, this is about granting privileges to the Farming Sim software.

11. Farmgirl22

OK, I went to do this tonight, but couldn't find the "settings" that they referenced (we have the CD-Rom version). Do I need to do these steps from his account or one of the administrator accounts? Sorry, never done this before, so don't know how to do it if the instructions don't match what I see exactly. :oops:

Edited to add: on the administrator accounts, it looked it has "full access" and on his account it says that his account can "read and execute" under the security tab which is what I assumed they meant by settings tab (which I don't have). The only tabs I can see are General, Security, Compatibility, Details, Digital Signatures, and Previous Versions.

12. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You'd have to do it from his account. Right-click on the file in question, choose the Compatibility tab and then ensure you check the box for Run this program as an administrator.

13. Farmgirl22

Thanks! Will give that a try.

14. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You're welcome. Hopefully this will work for him.

15. Farmgirl22

OK, so I tried this, and it had me enter the product key again, then it made me log in with one of the administrator account passwords, and it pulled the save game from my admin account, but not his (it did run lickety split though!! So fast!). So I restarted the game and it made me login as an admin again, and it still pulled the save game from my admin account instead of his. So I unchecked the box, retried it the old way, and it was SUPER slow again. So then I thought maybe I'd misread your directions and tried to change it across all users from my account, but it still wanted me to login as an administrator, so no dice there either.

Did I do something wrong? I don't want to have to login for him to play the game every time, and I'd hate for him to have to start all over with new save games.

16. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Other than the setup for Farming Simulator, does your son have any other data he'd want to keep? If not, I'd recommend backing up his save files for the game, deleting his Windows account entirely, and then re-creating one for him. After that's done, you could restore his save files to his folder. For the CD version, the save files are located in C:\Users\son's name here\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\ Obviously, you'll have to replace son's name here with the actual name of his account.

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!