1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fast build utility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by piratetigger, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. piratetigger

piratetigger Thread Starter

Hello
    I have just built my first pc, got a asus av333 motherboard, ever since I booted it up for the first time it has scanned for ide drives (this takes about 20 seconds, then gave me 2 options,

1. Ctl F to enter fast build utility or
    2. press escape to continue boot up

Now when I get into the fast build menu it says “no disk is found, please check power and data cable connection”. How do I address this? All my drives are working and I can into my operating system ok (windows xp). Although I had to rebuild it s it wouldn’t boot.
    Any thoughts?

2. Dilvish

Dilvish

Hi,

Maybe you have a Promise RAID controller on board. With this you can use two Hard drives as just one, so they can access data faster. But first you need to build the RAID.

Check your board. Surely it'll have four IDE controllers, two normal IDE (where your HDD is pluged now) and two others, for the RAID controller.

Maybe this help.

D.V./

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/82905