1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fast Ethernet Adapter [ Failed ]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rivewil9, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I'm running windows xp, and i did a Network Diagnostics, and found that the ethernet adapter Failed, and for the last couple of days for some reason i cant print when i open the Print Page the Printer is not shown the printer is reconized by the computer the device manager shows no errors, i even tried to unistall and reinstall, but i cant get it to work, and i think that this adapter may be the problem, can the printer be redirected somehow to use another adapter, please help, any help will greatly appreciated Thank you !! Not To Computer Savy ???

2. norton850

norton850

Were you having a problem with the ethernet adapter that caused you to run the diagnostic?
    Do you have a network setup? Is your printer a "local printer"-- just set up on the machine that you are using or is it part of network. Does your printer have a USB connection?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If the NIC is not connected to a network, it will come up as failed.

4. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

Hi norton850,

Thanks for the help, yes a local printer HPDeskjet 5440 series, using a USB Cable, i even tried using other USB Ports, i have the installation disk but still the problem continues, in occasions i get " FILES NEEDED FROM WINDOWS XP CD-ROM " so in reality norton850 i have no idea whats going on I'm Desperate here !!!

5. JohnWill

What make/model of computer? Do you have the XP-CD, or is this a "brand name" with no supplied CD media? Have you done a search for *.CAB files if you have no XP CD, you may have the required files somewhere on the hard disk.

6. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

AY Hi Johnwill,

Thanks again for the help, but no johnwill i don't have the XP-CD, and i havent search for cab files, dont know how, can you help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7. JohnWill

Start, Search, and put *.CAB in the search string.

8. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

i'll do that i let you know what happens thankyou

9. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

Johnwill the search results were 84 files found what will i be looking for

10. rivewil9

rivewil9 Thread Starter

johnwill how do i restore the files needed, thank again

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/461375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice