Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Shutdown Problem?

975 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  tomsxp 
#1 ·
Hi I installed a "fast shutdown exe." but every time i click on it, it wants me to install it again instead of shutting down the pc, what am i doing wrong? Thanks
?

#8 ·
Since your link leads to 7 programs showing, can I assume that you are using the first one in the list? Force Shutdown 1.3
It concerns me that the file is from March 2006 (the review was written in 2012 - before there was a Windows 10 which came out July 29, 2015) and although it says Windows All (this would mean all the versions out in 2012), the screenshot of the program
Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue

looks like something from XP, not a newer OS.
What version of Windows are you running?

#9 ·
I don't see an icon on desktop and it is not in the taskmanager start menu?

Its in my Opera downloads and when i go to the folder all i see is the Force shutdown setup. I click on that and it just keeps wanting to install the program! I installed it a couple of times but it does not seem to install I do see it in my Installed Programs though but cannot run it? Any idea's?

#13 ·
Never mind Guys, I was able to somehow get into the force shutdown application in properites and the shut down .exe was in there and what i did was went into the Advanced tab and put a checkmark in the box run as administrator and sent the shortcut to the desktop. it is now working. I will see how fast it is and decide whether to keep it or not, Thank you All

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.