1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fast user switch problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by djohnson1014, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djohnson1014

djohnson1014 Thread Starter

Last night, I switched from the standard Windows log-in to fast user switching. After logging off, I realized that my user name is no longer accessible from the welcome screen. I think this might be because I have 4 user accounts on my computer, but I'm not sure. The problem is that my user name is the only admin account. How do I make my own account accessible once again?

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

Try getting into Safemode and use the Administrator Account

How to Start in Safemode

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Before the windows logo you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
    3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
    4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.
    5. Do whatever tasks you require and when you are done reboot to boot back into normal mode..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/549127