1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fast User Switching on XP not working! :-(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by eabram86, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eabram86

eabram86 Thread Starter

Hey Everyone!

Ok, so two weeks ago, the temp IT guy came and messed with my computer. Before there were two "admin" users on the log in screen: myself and another person.

All of a sudden I get on the computer and I realize that the temp changed both accounts to limited. After logging on to the "hidden" admin account, I changed my account back to "admin" and kept the other one limited. However, now I don't have the option to "switch users"

I have literally tried everything and visited a bunch of forums with no luck! When I go into control panal and under user accounts, and try to click on the fast user switching button, and hit apply, it doesn't save the changes i made.

I have checked the computer services and both the terminal and fast user switching are running an on automatic. However, still not able to switch!

Please help! I have been going crazy for the past 2 weeks trying to figure this out!

Thanks!!

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

Have you tried a system restore?

3. eabram86

eabram86 Thread Starter

yes, but sadly the last date i could select was only 3 days ago, and that did me no good.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sorry, we generally do not assist users circumventing or changing settings imposed by in house techs, you'll have to contact the IT guy if you wish to change any settings. If the IT guy changed it he may have changed it for a valid reason. Closing thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!