1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

faster internet

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by H-2-0, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

is there any way for my connection to go faster..i only have dial up modem, and i have these download manager called "free download manager" is there a much better program like this one..and it works great

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

The problem you have is not with Free Download Manager which is the best one for Windows, but the speed of your connection. FDM is already accelerated as fast as it will go wrt your communication software.

To go faster you need to upgrade to cable, DSL or fiber optic.

-- Tom

3. H-2-0

H-2-0 Thread Starter

ok thanks!(y)

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    No matter how much you tweak a dialup connection, you're not going to get any more than a 5 to 6 KB per second download speed.

All those so-called "speed boosters" do nothing for increasing dial-up speed. They use little tricks to make web pages load faster and give the appearance of a faster speed.

Dial-up is going the way of the dinosaurs. DSL, cable, and fiber optics is getting more and more common. If it's available in your area and you can afford the extra cost, it's the only way to go. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Yeah dial-up is the slowest connection I have ever used, and it really sucks tho, Every single time I had to redial the connection before I can get on the internet and its really bugging me alot. So go with DSL or cable if you can afford.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice