fastest OCR software?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redcivic

I scan hundreds of copies of police reports each day. One .tif file may contain a hundred police reports. I tried the OCR software that came with pagis (textbridge I think) and it takes way too long to recognize. Is there another way I can search a .tif for chracters that has a hundred or so pages?

redcivic

$600.00? I see it for $99.00, am I missing something? What about scanning them as PDF's? Does that take longer? Would I need to buy the full version of adobe?

The full program is $600. The upgrade is $99. I was pointing out that they are exactly the same and the upgrade will install with any OCR on your computer of any brand. OmniPage has full PDF capability.

It will convert a PDF file directly – I don’t think it even does OCR unless the PDF file is an image rather than text. It should be much faster since it doesn’t have to go through OCR for each character. You occasionally get a PDF text document that is just a picture of the text, but that is uncommon. You don’t need the full Acrobat unless you want to take a normal document and make it PDF.

I thought Omnipage was rather slow, but I don't have the pro version, I think.
Anyway, that's the most reliable OCR on Earth.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online