Fat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Georg

I am ready to partition and format new HDD and would like to use Fat 32 but is it possible to copy files from my zip (Iomega) drive to my new HDD?
The files on this Zip drive were copied from a HDD that used FAT 16. This problem will be common when upgrading small HDD to HDD in the gigabytes.

It's no problem to copy fat16 to fat32 or vice versa, the file transfer protocol will configure the data correctly for the drive it is being written to

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online