1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fatal Application Error on uninstall

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tsttm, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsttm

tsttm Thread Starter

"Fatal Application Error- This application has unexpectedly quit

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an Invocation TargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)."

I have belkin UPS backup battery/power surge thing..& it has this belkin software that i run because if there's a power outage..& the backup battery is running low, it will automatically safely shut down my machine (at least that was i understand).

Something went awry with this piece of software..i cannot run it to set preferences..& there's a big "X" over it in the systray.

When i try to uninstall it so that i can re-install it..it stalls during the uninstall & i get the above message.

I tried belkin support but they say they cannot help me- they say it's a computer/OS problem & it's not their problem.

So, i'm kind of stuck. i cannot uninstall, i cannot re-install on top of it...i tried windows install clean up utility & that won't get rid of it.

I assume some file is corrupted somewhere..i don't know what to do.

Please, any suggestions? There is a "details" button with the error message..let me know if i should cut & paste the details. Also, there's a whole bunch of belkin files in the program file- belkin folder..but i don't know what to do with them- i didn't want to try deleting them all out right just yet.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!