Fatal error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TwinW

Hi,

Before reaching the log-in page, I receive an error titled "winlogon.exe - Application Error" with the following message:

The instruction at "0x75978dc1" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I have clicked on OK, CANCEL and the "x" in the top right hand corner of the message then I receive a FATAL ERROR on a blue screen stating the following:

"STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

Then there is no way out of the screen except to hold down the on/off button for the laptop itself and re-start all over again.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Lauren

blues_harp28

Hi have you made any Hardware - Software changes prior to this happening?
Try..
Reboot - tap F8 as Pc starts up.
Choose.
Safe mode with command prompt..
Log on as administrator.
Type.
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

This should launch System Restore.
Choose a date prior to the problem.

How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669/en-us

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online