1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fatal Exception 06

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by emgeast, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emgeast

emgeast Thread Starter

I recently installed an internal HiVal CD RW into my Dell Dimension V350 computer running Windows 98SE. I basically replaced my existing CD ROM with the Burner by moving all internal cables from the original CD ROM to the new burner. After not having any problems with the new burner (it came with Ahead Nero burning software) now whenever I try and swap a CD I get the following Fatal Exception Blue Screen Error:

Fatal Exception 06 at 0028:00000017. After "pressing any key" to continue, I get back to my desktop screen, can move my mouse, but otherwise the computer is frozen and I need to reboot by pressing the restart button on the computer (ctrl-alt-delete doesn't respond).

The computer will read any CD that's inside when it boots up without any problems, it just gives me the error when I try and replace whatever CD happens to be in the machine with another one (doesn't matter if its a CD-R, CD-RW, or other commercial software CD).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Mike F.

2. RSM123

RSM123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!