1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FATAL EXCEPTION 0E at 0028:BFF8838D What?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by watsonw, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. watsonw

watsonw Thread Starter

This has appeared spontaneously on a blue page three times this week with no programs running. CNTRL+ALT+DEL does not work to leave the screen. Perhaps it is the new Epson Perfection 1250 scanner I recently installed?

Thanks for any advice.

watsonw

2. beach51

beach51

Hi watsonw,welcome to TSG.OE errors can be caused by alot of things.How much Ram do you have?Could be a corrupt or missing driver.Go to device manager and see if you have any yellow! next to any devices.Right click on MY Computer,properties,Device manager.Let us know

3. watsonw

watsonw Thread Starter

Thanks, Tech Support guys,

No yellow warnings in device manager in properties in My Computer. All drivers seem fine. Following other advice that I found in your archives, I uninstalled an ancient version of McAfee Virus Scan and uninstalled all screen savers other than those that came with the original Windows 98 on my two-year-old Compac Presario with 128 MB RAM and a Intel Celeron 400MHz processor. 9GB are left free on the 16.6GB hard drive. The computer always runs with 91% to 75% system resources free.
    I recently installed an Epson 1250 scanner on one of the USB ports. The driver works without flaws. However, the Epson Smart Panel has been popping up unannounced, probably because I had left the Copy Utility listed as the scanner's designated application after a copying run. By physically removing the scanner's USB cable from the USB port, that doesn't happen anymore. I only use the scanner rarely, so this remedy is no inconvenience. We shall see if this eliminates the blue screen fatal exception. No other strange behavior has been noticed.
    On the other hand, any other advice that will permanently eliminate the fatal exception problem is welcome. I am most grateful for all your help.

watsonw

4. crellin

crellin

century Blue
    Out of curosity, I checked my device driver and found a yellow marker on this:

Computer Power Source

Device- NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver (code 2).

To fix this click update driver to update

Driver files - c:\\windows\syser\vmm32.vdx (ntkern(vxd)

also under the above windows appeared:
    battc.sys
    compbatt.sys

Am assuming, since it did not load, it is not needed, would you agree. Not even sure what this means

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice