Fatal exception error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jfbrad

My computer keeps shutting off every 15 minutes and I get a blue screen Fatal exception error "(oe page fault) in vxd vsdata95 (01) tooooee89. Whats up?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Well it could be overheating. have you checked the temps? Open up the side and make sure ALL the fans are spinning - there should be at least one on the CPU and one in the back of the Powersupply.

You also need to provide a lot more info. For example what are the specs of the computer and what operating system are you running. Also does the computer restart, or completely turn off, or does the screen just go blank but the fans/lights stay on.

jfbrad

TW 56 I do use zonealarm , the free version. And is this good ,bad , ? Also more info . Computer only shuts off when on internet , works fine when off internet. No virus's , 4 years old , windows 98 ( so no RPC worm , I have all the updates and patches.) Half the time the computer shuts off and allways restarts and half the time I get blue screen with fatal exception error. Whats up? Also I am HUGE ND fan and I am devastated about this season. I cry when they lose and I mean it!

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Oh, I'm an idiot. VSDATA is a ZoneAlarm file, should have recognised it, but I didn't. Okay, get rid of ZoneAlarm. Go to add/remove programs and uninstall it.

Well, Triple6, your not by no means an idiot!
I just happened to find that before you did!! LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online