1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fatal exception oe in ifsmgr.vxd

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by botz hall, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. botz hall

botz hall Thread Starter

I get this when trying to run win98se upgrade
    background:
    we are upgrading a customer's system to a new p4 board and processor, the intel board does not support 98 1st, so we have to upgrade his windows , I ghosted his old drive to the new one and ran the 98se upgrade on his new machine that's when I get the ifsmgr.vxd exception error
    thanks for the help. Botz

2. bandit429

bandit429

Hi

Welcome to TSG,

Here is one link, read down about halfway,,Does that describe your problem?Click here

3. botz hall

botz hall Thread Starter

no, the scanner thing was the first one I tried , this error happens during win98 setup when it completes the setup wizard installation

4. mtbird

mtbird

I believe a possible problem could be that you are installing a ghosted drive with previous hardware configurations into a new system with different hardware.
    You can remove these entries and let Windows redetect everything by going into the reg and deleting the enum folder.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    ENUM

Debe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!