1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fatal Exception OE running SimCity

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aroc, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aroc

Aroc Thread Starter

Hi All....this is my first post....any help with my prob would be HUGELY appreciated.
    I'm running on an 866mHz clone w/ 384MB of RAM with WinME. Decent video card (Nvdia TNT2). Don't know if that's relevant, but figured just in case.
    My problem is this......I can't run SimCity 3K for very long before the game either shuts down and returns to Windows, freezes or gives me one of the following fatal exceptions:
    0E:0028:2400BFDB
    OR
    0E:0028:FF0B7342
    I can't find any info anywhere on the web for either of these specific errors. My drivers are completly updated on my video card, no unnecessary programs taking up memory and plenty (20GB) free on my hard drive. Any ideas or help for a newbie?
    Thanks all.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Hi Aroc and welcome to TSG. It's best to have your own thread for problems rather than to post to an old one, so I've split this off.

Can you tell us a little more about the system? Has it ever been formatted? Do you know the motherboard model and whether it uses a Via chipset? Problems like that often are the result of not having the motherboard drivers installed, or reinstalled after a format.

Have you installed the latest DirectX version?

3. JohnJ

JohnJ

I am a sim fan myself. I had a simialr issue with mine.

The <a href="http://simcity3000unlimited.ea.com/us/guide/index.phtml?frame_src_content=tips/"> SimCity Site</a> says that it could be related to a sound or video driver. You may want to try reinstalling them again. There is also a file that logs on the a sim server to see if any updates are available. Unfortunatly I could not find this again. It is/was on their site so you may want to browse around some. I had trouble with it freezing up while running this file. I'll keep looking and let you know where it is if you don't solve it before then

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice