1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fatal Exception OE

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by susanm, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. susanm

susanm Thread Starter

I am continually getting a Fatal Exception OE at 0028:C157ACE9 VxD HPZION00 (01) + 0000A919 when I try to print. This happens from all programs, with no apparent specific cause, at least not one that I can pin down. I am using a HP 940C printer w/parallel cable since the USB seemed to be causing problems, but that did not improve the situation with Blue Screen errors. Does anyone either know what causes this, and how I can resolve it, or know where to look for a solution. I tried Microsoft Knowledge Base and the HP support site.

Susan M

2. Ratboy

Ratboy

susanm,

Welcome to TSG!

I believe HPZION00 is your HP printer driver. Have you tried reinstalling your printer driver (Control Panel > Printers > Add Printer)?

3. susanm

susanm Thread Starter

ratboy,

Thank you for even responding to my question, first of all. Also, thank you for telling me what was causing the error I was getting. That is the information I was really trying to gather. I have just recently reformatted my hard drive, and did a fresh install of my printer (that is when I switched to the parallel cable). I also went to the HP site and updated the printer driver. So the most likely possibility I can come up with is that the updated driver might have been damaged in some way. I will definitely be coming back to this site in the future because I am the IT person for my own small business, and I like to know what is going on at all times. Thanks, again!

Susan M

4. Ratboy

Ratboy

Glad I could help. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!