fatal exception understanding

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LindaBEE

I just read the previous post with the fatal exceptions at 0028XXXX and it had to do with Symantac and I'm guessing because it referred to sym(01)? My error is:

FE occured at: 0028:c003CB22 in VXD IOS (01) + xxxxxxx

What could the IOS be referring to? Is that the telling part of that error? It's happening when I'm in Nero and I click to burn a CD. How can I at least know where to start?

Thanks!
Linda

Hi LindaBEE! :)

I'm not too familiar with the VXD and IOS myself, so I thought I'd search it.
On a Google of "VXD IOS (01)" -scsi" I came up with this. It's not the same number you have 'xxxxxxx', but it is 'VXD IOS (01)', windows 98(don't know what your OS is), and it has to do with nero....
http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom/messages/101357.html

The problem is explained as:

Normally, when a CD is inserted into a CD drive, Windows is
automatically notified, so it can begin accessing the CD immediately
(Autorun, Autoplay, etc.) It seems that when Windows detects a new CD
in the CD-RW, the automatic notification process exposes an
incompatibility between Windows and Nero, and produces the crash.
Hope it helps you!

_

LindaBEE

Hey Lizard! I can't thank you enough! It worked. :D After I created the cd I got the blue screen, but my goal was to be able to burn and it did. I'm not crazy about nero because I'm used to the other one (I can't think of the name offhand) :confused: .

Thanks again, you're the bomb! (y)
Linda

Hi LindaBEE!

Great!
I'm glad it helped... :)
And thanks for getting back to us and letting us know how it went. (y) (y)
Now I'll know what to do if I see that message when I get a CD-RW! :D

Good Luck!

_

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online