1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fatal exception

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by alex76, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

fatal exception 0E has occurred @ 0028:C0031B13 is what im getting once in a while then my internet stops working. i dont even have outlook express( deleted it). so what can this error be?? how can i fix it?

2. Del

Del

Does the window have a details button?
    When you say you deleted OE, do you mean, uninstall correctly or deleted the folder?

3. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

it was a while back but im sure its uninstalled, its not in my add/remove list.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

The letters OE in a fatal exception message do not stand for Outlook Express, but rather indicate a kind of fatal 'page fault'.

Troubleshooting is a trial and error affair.

We need to know more about your running processes and startup programs. Please follow the instructions on this link for posting a copy of your Startuplist (not the SCAN log at this time):

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

5. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

Reboot Startup Group C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\Reboot.exe
    ZoneAlarm Pro Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zapro.exe" -nopopup
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    CountrySelection Registry (Machine Run) pctptt.exe
    PTSNOOP Registry (Machine Run) ptsnoop.exe
    POINTER Registry (Machine Run) point32.exe
    NAV Agent Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE
    NvCplDaemon Registry (Machine Run) RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    nwiz Registry (Machine Run) nwiz.exe /install
    ScriptBlocking Registry (Machine Service) "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
    TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That's not the startuplist which provides much more info, but from what I see there I would suspect either ZoneAlarm or NAV as being responsible for the error.

Don't know what this is, do you have any info on it?

Reboot Startup Group C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\Reboot.exe

7. Del

Del

8. alex76

alex76 Thread Starter

ya thats what that is, but y would ZA or norton be the problem and how can i fix it?

9. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Troubleshooting the problem effectively really depends on how often it is happening. If it is fairly frequent you can run msconfig and disable either NAV or ZA from starting up. Then if after a reasonable amount of time you do not get any further errors, you may want to try removing and reinstalling the software to see if that resolves it. If it doesn't and you are sure you have isolated the problem, then you need to look for an alternative.

It is possible the error is not directly the fault of any software but could be a transient memory error. Again, troubleshooting really depends on the frequency of the problem. You can run software ram tests or try removing one module at a time.

Some general advice on troubleshooting Fatal Exceptions from MS here...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q150314

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!