Fatal Exception

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crellin

[font color="red For the past few times I have shut down cp comes back on blue scree with fatal exception msg. It tells me to use ctrl alt del or any key to continue. Have used the ctrl alt del and it clears and reboots so that I can shut down. Can any one give me some information on this? Thanks in advance.[/font]

crellin

Next time it happens will write down the right verbage and get back to you. This does no happen all the time.

crellin

Just shut down got the blue scree with the following:

Windows

A fatal exception OE has occured at 015f:BFF996EF. The current application will be terminated.

*press any key to terminate the current application.

*press ctrl+alt+del again to restart you computer you will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue

This is the way it appears, as mention I do th ctrl+ and it reboots.

I have windows 98.

Thanks in advance

Is your pc configured to play a "shutdown" sound?. If it is, try going to the Sounds applet in the Control Panel and set it to None.

Also do this: close browser and disconnect; go to Start>Run and run msconfig

Click on the "Advanced" tab and put a check in "disable fast shutdown". Click OK and restart. You may need to do this from safe mode if you encounter a problem restarting. Verify that "disable fast shutdown" remains checked after restarting.

Some have reported success with that particular error. We don't know exactly what causes it, it may be a problem with sound card or video drivers.

Hi

I have Win98 FE also... sometimes I have this problem & when i do I run this ....................available through Microsoft

RegClean - Windows Registry Analysis and Correction Utility
It works for me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online