Fatal Exception

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mur

Reformatted my hard drive and downloded i.e.6. Got a fatal exception message.Anyone explain this to me. Thanks Mur:)

Max19

Account Disabled
I've never disabled or uninstalled my anti-virus software before downloading from Microsoft's update site, and I've never received any errors.

Of course if you're having problems, it's definitely something to try. I'm only pointing out that the article Rollin' Rog posted is not entirely accurate in that it is not necessary to disable anti-virus software in order to ever successfully download updates.

I sometimes forget to do it too, but InoculateIT is fairly low profile. It's still a good practice as you never know when the stuff is going to hit the fan -- and fouled updates can sometimes be difficult to recover from. The more major the update or install, the wiser it is to reduce the possibility of conflicts during the process.

mur

Just got it once while using windows update.Seems ok now.Thanks for the help fellows I appreciate it.By the way it was in using i.e.6.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online