Fatal exceptions!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xico

My Win 98 has been treating me occasionally to the blue screen treatment, with a series of changing fatal exceptions. The 1st f/e occurred at 0028:C0031B13, then when I hit the spave bar, the next one said: 0028: C0031A54. I decided to hit the Ctrl/Alt/Delete buttons and the blue screen said that f/e occurred at 0028:C0031580 in VxD, and "This was called in from 0028:C00315BF in VxD; and finally, just before I gave up the blue screen whispered: "an exception 06 has occurred at 0028:0000879A in VxD. This was called in from 0028:C0113C78 in VxD.
First, what's happening, and then why, and finally what can I do about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi xico

If you post your startup list we may be able to spot something

Please post your startup list by doing the following :-

Please go here and download startuplist 1.5 :-

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/startuplist15.zip

Download to any folder or your desktop
Unzip the zipfile
Double click the exe file
go to Edit - select all - copy - and paste the results in a new post here

steam

xico

I just posted my starup list for another problem. It's under Illegal Action?
Kernel32.dll. Do you want me to post the startup list again?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online