1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fault Buket

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rcap50, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

Can someone tell me what a Fault Bucket is, and do I need to be concerned about it.

Attached Files:

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

A fault bucket identification number is a number assigned by the system to identify specific types of errors, usually based on a specific application. You should see a corresponding error in the Event logs. The ID is what is sent to Microsoft when you send an error report.

Incorrectly configured apps, badly designed apps that consume ram, viruses, malware and a number of other things can generate a fault bucket.

3. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

How do I fix this error?

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The first step would be to click the "Event Log Online Help" link, (seen in your screenshots of your "Event Properties - Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting" windows).

5. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

After I do as you suggest, then what.

6. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

What's the problem?

7. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

The problem is how do I fix this error.

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

By clicking the "Event Log Online Help" link, (seen in your screenshots of your "Event Properties - Event 1001, Windows Error Reporting" windows), and then following the instructions seen after clicking that link.

9. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

Thank you for your help.

10. jcgriff2

jcgriff2

Unless you are suffering from bad system performance issues, it's not really worth the time to go through the Event Viewer's 200+ logs and get excited/worry about every error. It will drive you insane.

"Fault bucket" a/k/a "Failure Bucket" in Windbg can contain very important information.

e.g.,
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_NETw5s64_IMAGE_pci.sys

That failure bucket would lead one directly to Intel's wifi driver - NETw5s64.sys, even though pci.sys was named as the probable cause of the 0x9f system crash.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

11. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

Thank you. Appreciate the info.

12. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

An error message in Event Viewer is not necessarily a problem. That's why I asked what the problem is.

13. rcap50

rcap50 Thread Starter

Thank You TonyB25. I was just concerned if it was something I had to worry about.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice