Fault Code 80244022

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The recovery disc kit that you created contains not only the Windows 7 operating system, it contains all the ASUS-branded bloatware and apps that was placed in your laptop before you purchased it.

If you do have an .ISO file for Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit and can create a bootable install disc with it, you should be good to go.

1. Do a clean install.

2. Follow the install and update guide afterwards.

--------------------------------------------------

znord737

Frank, thank you for that information, late last night I discovered that after several trys using your advice the end result was I was nowhere and back where I started .
From Memory I never received a Factory Disk, the Win 7 Software was all loaded on when i got PC, was advised by ASUS when i purchased the POC that I made up a set of recovery disks to use in emergencies and it was with those disks that I reloaded or wound back from win 10 to win 7, one thing is that at when I did try to get the windows updates it churned on for 10 mins or more looking for update before the red screen came back with 80072EE2.
I believe I do have an ISO copy of the Windows 7 Programme if I can find it .That way I could do a complete clean install , and then follow your guidelines, maybe if I do the clean install it may totally fix the problem , what do you think?
Znord737
Frank further to the last update, I have searched high and low for a windows installation disk but could not find one, thinking back I believe that I never received a windows 7 Installation Disk. The O/S was already installed and I recollect being reminded every time I switched on the PC to make the 4 Windows Recovery Disks which I did so that convinced me that I never did receive a Windows Installation Disk.
I have in mind to download an ISO copy of Win 7 now that I have found one (Microsoft have taken their download for the Win 7 ISO off the web). In the interim I also managed to download a whole heap of MS Win 7 Updates from the MS Catalogue and things have improved somewhat however the Win Update is still not functioning . I had a look at the
Windows Update Log and came across this "Windows update could not be installed because of error 2148204809 "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider." (Command line: ""C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wusa.exe" "C:\Users\Znord\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\TJHEHPES\windows6.1-kb4523206-x64_c5d5005c02c76fc021c99d2d1d0c38ab7af87971[1].msu" ") What is your take on this report Frank ?
Znord737

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The wusa.exe file is associated with Windows Update Standalone Installer.
I have no idea why your ASUS laptop is displaying that message.

Microsoft has not removed the download for the Windows 7 ISO file.
It requires you to enter a valid "Retail" product key.
It will not accept a valid "OEM" product key - which is what the COA sticker on your ASUS laptop has.

--------------------------------------------------

one thing is that at when I did try to get the windows updates it churned on for 10 mins or more looking for update before the red screen came back with 80072EE2.
Error description:
0x80072EE2
WININET_E_TIMEOUT
The operation timed out
This error message can be caused if the computer isn't connected to Internet.
To fix this issue, following these steps:

make sure these URLs are not blocked:
http://.update.microsoft.com
https://.update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

Additionally , you can take a network trace and see what is timing out.

it was only when I went to try and down load Win 7 Update that this 80244022 Fault Code appeared
Error description:
WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_SERVICE_UNAVAIL
Same as HTTP status 503 - the service is temporarily overloaded.
Service unavailable.
The request is sent to an application pool that is currently stopped or that is currently disabled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online