Faulty CPU?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zeus.:God

I was wondering if there was any diagnostic tool out there that could determine if my CPU is kicking the bucket?

My graphics card is fried at the moment, but I also think that either my CPU or RAM is dying. I notice that my computer is running VERY slowly. I'm not sure if this could be contributed to the dead/dying graphics unit, but I'm worried nonetheless.

Thanks in advance.

Zeus.:God

Eh, somewhat- not really. I'm sure now that its just the graphics card... The only thing that is still making me not think so is that whenever I click the mouse wheel to scroll, It makes a click after every "line" it goes. That could also be caused by the graphics unit, I suppose. I'm going to remove it, and see if it still occurs.

GENERALLY, processors are either good or bad. If they are good the machine runs, if they are bad the machine doesn't do anything.

I would start by downloading Memtest 86+, make bootable media (either a CD or floppy) and let Memtest run for at least 4-5 passes testing the memory.

If the memory tests good, go to the hard drive manufacturers website and download their diagnostic. Run an extended test on the hard drive if an extended test is available.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online