1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

faulty mx700 mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zaax, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zaax

zaax Thread Starter

Logitech mx700 (cordless mouse) pluging into serial port and an unidentified USB hub (from maplins)

When the hub is plugged in, the mouse judders and stops working. If I plug another mouse into the hub it works fine. I’ve installed the drivers for the mouse again but still the same problem.

Is this fault just confined to the MX700 or the whole range?

2. onsite

onsite

so is the mouse usb ? it is wireless ?
    from what you stated the mouse does not work correctly when plugged into a usb hub ?
    i gues the mouse has a receiver that is actually plugged into thehub. How does the mouse work when the receiver is plugged directly into the PC ? Maybe the usb hub is not usb v2 and the mouse is usb v2. . I f the mouse works plugged into the pc , is the pc usb v2 ?

3. zaax

zaax Thread Starter

yes it's a cordless mouse which is plugged in to the serial port. Another mouse plugged in to the USB Hub does not judder or stop working

4. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Why are you even using a serial port? The MX700 is a usb or with the adaptor usb to ps/2 port mouse.

5. zaax

zaax Thread Starter

sorry should have said ps/2 port, and my hub is powdered

6. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Take the receiver base out of the hub and connect it direct to the computers usb or ps/2 port. Why would you try to run your mouse via a hub anyway?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!