1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Faulty NVIDIA graphics card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yellowtail, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yellowtail

yellowtail Thread Starter

Hey,

I think my newly bought NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS graphics card is faulty. Is there any signs or ways to test whether it is or not.

The reason I think it's faulty is because I had a pretty messed up PC about two weeks after installing it. I eventually had to reinstall the old card (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) and do a full system recovery (reverting back to the factory setup). Without the 7600 everything seems to be working as it should.

Any ideas?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What sort of things went wrong? Do you have a power supply that is large enough?

3. yellowtail

When it was worst there were: random shutdowns, lots of System32 errors (when I submitted the error report it suggested it was a driver issue), files not opening, desktop wallpaper frozen, very slow, much more malware/registry faults etc than usual and internet disconnections.

When I first installed the card I forgot to connect it to the power supply and was given a message along the lines of: Insufficient power, changing to a lower performance setting.
    I realised what I hadn't done and connected it up and it seemed to work fine. Games were playing fine and things seemed to be working great until one day I started getting the above. The card was updated with the most current driver.

I really don't want to reinstall the 7600 and find that I have to go through all the problems again.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

The best way to test it would be in another pc sorry to say. if you took it to a pc shop, I am sure they would test it for you for a few $.

5. yellowtail

Alright, thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice