Faulty PCI-E?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ssf2t

Hi there,

I have a PCI-E slot that doesn't seem to work with a 9500gt. The 9500gt worked for many months then all of a sudden, no display appeared on my monitor one day. I switched to another PSU (weaker but still adequate), but still the same result. After doing some more hardware changes, I assumed it was a dead motherboard. Luckily I had a friend who had a spare EAH3450 Silent, and it worked! I have been using it ever since and my PC has ran with no problems.

I also tried a 9800gt and still no display. I checked the BIOS menu and saw that the display adapter was on PCI, changed it to PCI-E, but once again the same problem. I am not sure if this is a power problem since the 9500gt has such a low requirement and worked for a period of time. Any suggestions as to what might have happened?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online