1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

faulty ram?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolfee, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wolfee

wolfee Thread Starter

Tried adding 512mb of pc133 to an old samsung v25 which only had 256 installed, the laptop powers up but screen just goes black and doesn't enter bios or boot. I've tried removing the old ram and installing the new ram in it's place but same result. Is it simply a case of the new ram being faulty or is it possibly some other reason?

cheers

wolfee

2. vicks

vicks

if you can, go to www.crucial.com and have them analyze your computer. I think you can also enter the mfg/model of your computer and they will tell you what ram you can use on it.
    vicks

3. wolfee

wolfee Thread Starter

Thanks but I'm pretty sure the ram is the correct sort, just not sure it's working as I bought it off ebay and it wasn't sent in an anti static bag :(. I'm not prepared to spend £54 (crucial price) on such an old laptop, was hoping to bag a bargain and thought I had when I found some for just over £5, maybe not such a bargain though lol.

4. wolfee

wolfee Thread Starter

assuming the ram is faulty, would the laptop behave in the way mentioned above or would i get some kind of error message or beeps from the mboard?

5. wolfee

wolfee Thread Starter

nobody? guess I'll have to try another forum then :(

6. vicks

vicks

If you are getting no response, bump the message and that will insert it again.
    (at least this is my understanding, I have never done it)
    vicks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice