Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card?

787 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pandar 
#1 ·
I was trying to play a game called World of Warcraft. Everytime I tried to logon my game would crash and there would be a vpu recovery. I thought it was just a game issue at first. I then tried to play wc3 which was installed on my primary slave. My primary slave also has windows and other drivers (ati drivers, sound drivers etc.) from my old computer, i never formatted before I put it as a primary slave. Warcraft 3 kept giving me errors 5 minutes into game. I was starting to worry it was a video card issue? So I installed counter strike, tried playing, 30 seconds into game my computer froze and now my computer keeps restarting when its trying to load windows xp. I went into bios and tried to disable my primary slave, but when i did that my computer kept asking me to boot from cd even tho my primary boot device was hard disk. Please help, i just got this new computer after being 3 weeks computerless.
So could anyone help me identify the problem here. At first I thought it was just a game problem but one of the games i tested was installed on my primary slave and the game was installed on my old computer, then after all my games kept crashing it could've been a video card problem, not windows wont even start up. Could this be due to my primary slave? conflicting issues with my new hd? my specs are

Mother Board:MSI K8N NFORCE 3
Video Card: Ati Radeon 9600 128mb
CPU: Amd 64bit 2800
Master HD: Western Digital 200gig hd sata with windows xp
Primary Slave: Samsung 80gig hd with windows/drivers/everything from when it was installed in my old HP computer.
RAM: Rosewill 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC3200/Unbuffered

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.