FAVicons not sticky in QuickLaunch toolbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

themudshark

Howdy folks

I added a couple of IE shortcuts to the QL toolbar and, initially, they displayed their FAVicon icon.

They no longer do, now they just reverted to anIE icon, not the web site's FAVicon.

Any idea how to make these "sticky"? A bunch of IE shortcut icons is no way to find what I want!

Thx
Rich

It used to be that Internet Explorer favicons could be copied from the Temporary Internet folder to a "safe' location and linked to through the "change icon" option on the properties page of your shortcut.

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/1284

However as near as I can tell a recent security patch has made these .ico files dissappear or go into disguise.

If you do find favicons in your temporary internet cache and want to preserve them, copy them out of there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts