1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

favorites in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Chooshere, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chooshere

Chooshere Thread Starter

i am having trouble with my favorites in internet explorer. many times when i start or restart my computer the favorites that were there the last time i used the computer have either changed and some of them are not even there. usually there are items there that were deleted long ago.
    additional info: running win 98 (the most recent version) running norton anti-V, zonealarm and ad-aware. none of these seem to help.
    i also use netscape navigator and this DOES NOT happen with it.
    any suggestions as to how to stop this from happening?

2. sekirt

sekirt

How many favorites do you have?
    Did you create folders to keep them in?

Only thing I can suggest is to repair Internet Explorer.
    Click Start---->Run. Type in: msinfo32 Click OK.
    When System Information opens, click TOOLS and use the repair option. If it tells you it cannot be repaired you will have to download a new one. Currently at Microsoft: IE6 SP1.

sekirt

3. Chooshere

Chooshere Thread Starter

how can i get the lost favorites returned or am i just out of luck?
    your suggestion may eliminate the problem in the future but i sure could use those links back in there now.

4. starman2002

starman2002

If you add new favorites often you could export them to a floppy once a week and you won't lose them.Just a thought.

5. sekirt

sekirt

Check your favorites folder in Windows Explorer or DOS to see if the "missing" favorites are really still there. If they aren't, then you will have to get them again.

This site has many problems with the favorites folder listed, maybe you can find something of value here. Right at the top of the list, is the possibility that the favorites folder is corrupt.

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers3.htm#favorites

Hope that helps.
    sekirt

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice